Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem accessing Google related Sites only since new router installed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dhoots

dhoots

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

I know this HAS to be a setting on my laptop or chrome browser somewhere. I'm the only one having a problem here on the same router and it happens to me on my laptop AND my android phone. It doesn't happen on other devices connected to the same router. My error is:

ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Happens when searching on Google, trying to access gmail, youtube, or any other Google related site.

I have already tried:

1. Deleting chrome and re-installing.

2. Resetting defaults in Chrome.

3. Flushing DNS.

4. Releasing and renewing DNS.

5. Disabling the QUIC protocol

6. Turning off all extensions in Chrome.

7. Turning off anti-virus.

and more and more.

This started when my old router died and CenturyLink replaced it. Anyone have any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

1. Does it only happen in Chrome?

2. What model is the new router? Did you set it up? If so, did you notice any parental controls or advanced firewall settings? DNS settings?

3. How are the devices different that work? Laptop vs desktop? Different OS?

4. On the laptop/phone with the problem, can you sign into other sites like Facebook or a banking site?

#3 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

www.geekuninstaller.com

go there download uninstaller, remove every trace of chrome and then reboot and reinstall chrome, chances are there is a registry key being left behind mucking things up for you

also try IE and see if you have the same issue there as wel if so its your PC and not just chrome

#4 dhoots

dhoots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

1. Does it only happen in Chrome?  YES; IE works fine.

2. What model is the new router? Did you set it up? If so, did you notice any parental controls or advanced firewall settings? DNS settings? I am in a condo complex where internet is provided. I use a Westell 7500 router connected using VersaPort for DHCP.

3. How are the devices different that work? Laptop vs desktop? Different OS? The devices that work are iPads and one other Android phone. My phone that does NOT work is Android. My android gmail app works fine but the BROWSER does not.

4. On the laptop/phone with the problem, can you sign into other sites like Facebook or a banking site? All other sites work fine; no problems. When trying to search google, I can see at the bottom left it goes to "connecting to www.google.com" then jumps to "connecting to www.gstatic.com" and waits and waits and waits.....

www.geekuninstaller.com

go there download uninstaller, remove every trace of chrome and then reboot and reinstall chrome, chances are there is a registry key being left behind mucking things up for you

also try IE and see if you have the same issue there as wel if so its your PC and not just chrome

If I do this, will I lose my bookmarks?

#5 PenelopeWatson629bn

PenelopeWatson629bn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Well .. the error appeared only when calling "Google" pages. The solution?

In the address line call "chrome: // flags /"
Look in the list for QUIC
Disable the option
Restart Chrome
Voila .. everything as usual, what exactly is the background you are asking now? .. me too.
Solution 1. Disable Experimental QUIC protocol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users