Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need a good camera

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ATY

ATY

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a camera that is not at professional level, but it able to capture 1080P pictures and record 1080P videos, and good battery life for under $200 possible. Thank you, and this is my first camera and I don't know nothing about camera, so any suggestions and advices will be appreciate. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

Handheld camera or webcam connected to your PC?

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 ATY

ATY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

I wants both of them. Handheld and webcam. 

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

Alright, what is your budget for each / combined budget?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 ATY

ATY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

$200 for each if possible. 

#6 ATY

ATY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

Anyone? 

#7 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Do you have a old phone? Most phones from the last couple of years will have better cameras and features then any 200$ handheld camera you can buy now. There are several android apps that can turn your cell phone into a web cam too. 

If you don't have a older cell phone, I would suggest looking into GoPro. For altenatives, check the Contour 2 and the Polaroid Cube. Some questions:

1. Much much storage and what kind of storage do you prefer? Onboard vs usb vs SD vs micro-SD

2. Do you need to have Wifi?

3. Does it need to be waterproof? Indoor or outdoor?

4. How will you be recording? Mounting on you? Something else? Point and click? Remote?

#8 ATY

ATY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:06 AM

Do you have a old phone? Most phones from the last couple of years will have better cameras and features then any 200$ handheld camera you can buy now. There are several android apps that can turn your cell phone into a web cam too. 

If you don't have a older cell phone, I would suggest looking into GoPro. For altenatives, check the Contour 2 and the Polaroid Cube. Some questions:

1. Much much storage and what kind of storage do you prefer? Onboard vs usb vs SD vs micro-SD

2. Do you need to have Wifi?

3. Does it need to be waterproof? Indoor or outdoor?

4. How will you be recording? Mounting on you? Something else? Point and click? Remote?

We're broke, so I owned IPhone 5S which take decent pictures, but not as good as on the camera, and IPhone 5S battery life is horrible.

1) SD and Micro SD compatible

2) What can you do on camera when it have wifi? Can it does everything that smartphone do? Go on a web, and watch Youtube videos? 

3) Both

4) Tripod, mounting on my body, and carry around with my hands.  

#9 alrose

alrose

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:19 AM

The Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS is a great handheld camera.  It costs about $150.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

If you look around...you will find that just about any (Pentax, Canon, etc.) of the compacts will outperform any phone camera...and are what I consider inexpensive.  It's not a matter of which is better...it's a matter of personal preference.  Obviously, those that use phone cameras are overly concerned with quality of the image, while those that buy handhelds are...but the difference in quality has decreased when comparing the two.  Point-and-shoot cameras are being used less often...because users have fallen in love with the ease of phone cameras and consider ANY picture a good picture :).  Younger persons seem to think that phone cameras provide "decent enough" pics that they don't even consider a point-and-shoot, IMO.

And...whichever you decide to buy...please read the manual before attempting to operate.  You will be a happier user if you do.

Some Opinions You May Be Interested In

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users