Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Design

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

i am very interested in web design and developement, i have learned alot of html, and i find it fairly simple, i was woundering , where should i go next, what might be some things to put on websites, what things make websites professional,what other usefull languages might i want to learn. and so on.
thank you for your time.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

You would then want to look into Javascript and css.

#3 killer_kyle

killer_kyle

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:27 PM

Check out w3schools, thats a pretty cool place where you can find lots of things for website building. I like how you can try all the stuff right there in their example windows. :thumbsup:

http://www.w3schools.com/

Posted Image

#4 zerorelation

zerorelation

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

Know that you know the basics of the code, work on making it more standard compliant. Unless it is already compliant, it which case you can give me a swift kick... =P

A good place to start on that:
http://validator.w3.org/

#5 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:38 PM

Hi there,

It is also a good idea to check your code between browsers to facilitate users. I encourage at least testing your code on Firefox, IE, and Opera.

Also, if you decide to use CSS, make sure you use XHTML as your markup language......which is pretty much just a cleaned up version of HTML. You can find more details about it at the W3C schools web site.

A great site to read about web site developement is A List Apart. This is just a personal favorite site that has some great information that I feel will help anyone out looking to learn techniques for web developement.

Hope this helps

nos
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users