Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resizing of a picture received via email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Greetings. I am asking help on behalf of my sister-in-law who's computer knowledge is less that superior and I am not far behind. In the course of genealogy searches, she received a picture of a relative,. The picture is huge and not practical and she would like to reduce the size in order to download it in a more practical size. Is there a way she can resize the picture,? Thank You. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

She can resize image by opening the image with Paint program and click Resize. She can also use free online image resizing tool link is below.

The Internet's Best Easiest Picture Resizing Tool

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

What exactly do you mean by size ?

The size of the file in MB ?  I would consider anything up to 5 MB an average high resolution photograph

The size of the file in pixcels ?  Again, anything around 4000+/- x 3000+/- would be an average high resolution image

The apparent size of the image in an email ?  This is totally irrelevant to the size you might want to print it at or save it at.

The first thing to do is to download the image anyway, then look at the size when you go to print it and first look at it in print preview. To make the image smaller at this point, increase the printing resolution in terms of dots or pixcels per inch/centimetre (conversely, to make the printed image bigger, reduce the printing resolution).

If you wish to save the file but as a smaller file size or lower resolution follow the steps outlined by FreeBooter. Or save the original then make a copy at the lower resolution. That way you have the original high resolution image and a copy.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users