Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer With Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jessicar0011

jessicar0011

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

everytime i log on to the internet my computer displays error on page no matter where i go. Iv run ewido,adaware and spybot they all find the same problem newdotnet but non of them can fix the problem so i tryed to uninstall it but it would not let me i went to there web site and downloaded their uninstall package it said that it was uninstalled butt when i checked it was still there i when to add\remove programs but it was gone so i went to my computer c drive programs and try to delete it from there but it tells me that access is denied the source file may be in use iv tryed everything including doing everything i just said in safe mode. I don't know if its this program messing with my computer or not please help me

Edited by jessicar0011, 12 August 2006 - 05:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,903 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

What is the exact error message you are getting? What are you doing when you get it, and at what point in the process do you get it?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

Instructions for removing New.net can be found here:

www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3095.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 jessicar0011

jessicar0011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

thank you for answering me i already tryed that program it doesnt completely remove the program and the error message i get just says error on page when its loading web pages and the pages are all messed up things start to run togather

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,903 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

the error message i get just says error on page when its loading web pages

There are many different kinds of error messages that one may receive when pages are loading; knowing the message's exact wording will help others help you.

the pages are all messed up things start to run togather

Can you post a screen shot, perhaps one that shows the error message as well?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 jessicar0011

jessicar0011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

i dont know how to post what you asked me to but the message is at the bottem right hand of the screen that tells you what you opening then it just says error on page then it pens the page and says done,with errors on page

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:06 PM

Did you have an 010 entry in the Hijack This Log?

"Once the computer has rebooted, start HijackThis and fix any of the corresponding entries for that program that are found. Note: If a O10 entry exists for NewDotNet, do not fix it via HijackThis, and instead ask for help in the forums. Fixing O10 entries in HijackThis can cause problems with your network connection.

Then reboot and delete the C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\ directory.

At this point you should be clean.

If you can not connect to the Internet after removing New.net, Please run the LSP-Fix program I had you download earlier, and click on the finish button. Reboot and you should be able to get back on."
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 j.lambert

j.lambert

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

I dont have hijackthis on my computer it wont let me run the program it only lets me unzip
im am the same person i had to sitch names beacuse my computer wasnt letting me log in

Edited by j.lambert, 12 August 2006 - 10:21 PM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,262 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:48 AM

Did you read and follow the instructions here for downloading and installing Hijackthis? If not please do so.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 jessicar0011

jessicar0011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

no i wasnt able to do all that the first time. that must be the error message i get. i only got half of that info the first time I tryed it thank you Ill try again

#11 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

I have moved your HJT log into the HJT forums for analysis and linked back to this thread for additional information.

Please be patient and watch for a response to your Log there, before you do anything else.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t=0#entry338906
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users