Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Protected System Fonts"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hikermann

Hikermann

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

Windows 7 : Discovered MS -- in its typical delusion that it knows what's best for everyone -- loaded in a bunch of fonts with a designation such as @Batang Regular; since these were not requested or desired, I attempted to remove them, but MS popup informed me that these were "Protected System Fonts" -- protected from whom I have no idea -- and could not be removed.

How can they be removed?

Thank you.  Appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

You can delete unwanted fonts from the registry.

Click on the Start button, then type regedit.

regedit will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When the registry opens scroll down to Fonts and click on it.

A list of your fonts will appear in the pane on the right.

Select the font you wish to delete and right click on it, select Delete.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users