Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware/malware Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LilVix

LilVix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

Hello, I am new to your forums but I really need some help. I recently found multiple Processes which I know AREN'T supposed to be running on my computer. I followed your guide to get rid of them on my own, but when i try to download anything its blocked.(download never takes place) also, i cant access my internet options(click on the tab, but nothing is there) i am using IE7, and have never had a problem with it until now. I do have Hijack This, and if needed, i can post a log. but to get started, 2 of the processes are the ismon.exe and ishost.exe. i appreciate any help i can get! Thank You in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:11 PM

Scan for viruses and spyware. Stay off the internet on that computer because it maybe leaking information about you onto the internet. I had a virus yesterday and it may have lecked information so I disconnected the internet to my computer and deleted the virus.

I recommend posting a hijack log.

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 12 August 2006 - 04:12 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 LilVix

LilVix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

When I try to run Ad-aware se, approx. 1-2 minutes into the scan it will close and a Data execution prevention error shows up. i dont know what to do. Would running ad-aware scan in safe mode work? and can i get any more info on that DEP error if possible?

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:30 PM

Hi LilVix,

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

You can run AdAware in safe mode.

I would suggest following our malware removal guide. It is a step by step guide to clean your computer. It can also give you an idea of the malware that has affected your computer. There are several self help guides available to remove the bad stuff as well.

Good luck and if you have any questions, please ask.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:33 PM

It would help yes because the virus won't able to start on your computer so there for if can be removed.

"Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a feature included in modern Microsoft Windows operating systems that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. This helps prevent certain exploits that store code via a buffer overflow, for example. DEP runs in two modes: hardware-enforced DEP for CPUs that can mark memory pages as nonexecutable, and software-enforced DEP with a limited prevention for CPUs that do not have hardware support."

- wikipedia.org
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#6 LilVix

LilVix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

rigel, thanks for the reply. i tried to run ad-aware in safe mode. but once again, my computer/infection shut down ad-aware during the scan. i am totally lost now, and dont know what to do. also, when i try to dl spybot or other removal programs, nothing happens. my computer wont dl the program. i am using an alternate computer for posting at the moment. is there anything that will directly take off the ismon.exe and ishost.exe infections???

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

Do you have a way to download the tools with this computer, burn them on a cd, and then install to your infected computer? If nothing else works, try to download HijackThis and run a log - then post it to the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Good luck!

rigel

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#8 LilVix

LilVix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

if that is what i need to do, i can do it. and also, i posted my log file in the forum section you told me to. but ad-aware Still shuts down, in normal mode and in safe mode. any suggestions?

#9 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

Let's see what the HJT team will recommend. Follow their instructions now. One note... That team is very busy, be patient with them. Good luck LilVix. You are in good hands. If you don't mind, can you let us know what they found?

Take care

rigel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users