Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Freezing Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrk2474

mrk2474

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

I've had a problem with Firefox freezing up for a while. I noticed it only seemed to happen when (normal  ie. Adchoices) ads on websites came up.  The browser will go into "Not responding" I didn't think a lot of it and just knew when it would happen. It would only last a second or 2 and then it would go away without a problem. Well, I got help cleaning out a virus a couple weeks ago and ever since then I've noticed the freezing seems worse. As a second, possibly related, problem I've noticed now video playing seems to freeze up. Youtube as an example. A video will be playing then all the sudden the movement stops but the sound plays as normal. When the movement starts up again the video will fast forward into the right spot and keep going. There's now rhyme or reason as to when it will do it. It's totally random.  This video issue DOESN'T go into Not Responding. If I wasn't watching it I really wouldn't even know it was happening.

Note: Firefox is the only browser I use so maybe it's just a Firefox issue...maybe not.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

I use Firefox as my primary browser too.

How many plugins do you have installed?

It could be that one of them may be out of date

It could be a bad connection to the internet.

I have had Firefox drop on occasion when my comcast drops out

Since you had problems with a virus, have you reinstalled Firefox?

#3 mrk2474

mrk2474
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

I use Firefox as my primary browser too.

How many plugins do you have installed?  11

It could be that one of them may be out of date

It could be a bad connection to the internet.

I have had Firefox drop on occasion when my comcast drops out  My connection is pretty solid so I'm ruling that out.

Since you had problems with a virus, have you reinstalled Firefox? No

Edited by mrk2474, 10 July 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#4 mrk2474

mrk2474
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything or this is just totally random but I did have a fake Firefox update come up last night.

EDIT: I had ran MBAM just last night and it came up clean. I did it again just to double check and now I DO have/had something. Looks like Kovter according to MBAM. I'll use the guide and hopefully get it out.

Edited by mrk2474, 12 July 2016 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users