Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

r9 290x issue, artifacting even with replacement card.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ToastedTom

ToastedTom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

A few days ago when I turned on my computer it was displaying pixelated squares and lines through the screen and then it just went to a black screen after a few seconds. If I removed the graphics card from the computer and just used the integrated graphics it works perfectly fine. I therefore thought that the graphics card was the issue so I contacted amazon and they sent me a replacement, however the same thing is still happening with the new graphics card. I have tested the hdmi cable and the monitor and I know they are both working fine so I have no clue what the issue could be. Also if I boot with the hdmi plugged into the graphics card and then try to switch to the integrated graphics it does not work, I have to reboot the computer with the hdmi plugged into the motherboard for it to work.

For some reason I also cannot get into the bios when the graphics card is installed either, even if the hdmi cable is plugged into the motherboard. The graphics card has to be unplugged.

I built the computer just under a year ago and it has been fine until now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:
Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16gb (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card
Corsair cx600 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Windows 10

Here is a video of what it looks like - https://youtu.be/xx9cHtvd2p0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)