Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi showing as connected by no internet access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jake1108

jake1108

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

This has been a reocurring problem for some time now but has been ok to work with up until now.

When I am out the room that a router is situated in I suddenly lose internat access. It is not shown with the 'no internet access' error message and if I click on the network management tab it shows my connection as 'connected, secured'. Whereas in reality it is not connected. Upon opening task manager my sent and recieved drops to 0 on both counts.

I can sometimes regain access temporarily by disconnecting and reconnecting to the network or forgetting the network then rejoining, but then at some point in the next few minutes the problem will reoccur.

I know it is not a problem with the router as this happens no matter where I am using my laptop and also my mobile devices on the same network do not experience any loss in connection.

Any ideas on what could be causing this annoying problem?

Information on system:

Lenovo IdeapadZ710

Windows 10

Intel i7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

Lot's of different things to try.

But the most effective (IMO) will be posting over in the Networking forums for help from the experts there:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

Download a fresh copy of your wired, wireless, and bluetooth drivers

Uninstall the current programs

Then install the freshly downloaded drivers

Also, from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt, run these commands (pressing Enter after each one).

Then reboot the computer

netsh int tcp reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jake1108

jake1108
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Updated all of my drivers and run those commands.

Will head to the networking page and post there.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users