Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: Thread_Stuck_in_Devive_Driver

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

Here we go again.  I am beginning to think I got a lemon!!

I have a brand new Dell Precision 7510 laptop that I got in May 2016 - Windows 10.  It came with Microsoft 365, Kaspersky 2016.  I have only added a couple of programs so far - Quickbooks 2016, Itunes and maybe a couple of others. 

This morning a screen popped up saying it had to shutdown and reboot and it showed some "report" that popped up quickly but I have no clue what it said and said for more info search for Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver then it rebooted.  This happened when I booted up.  About 2 weeks ago I had about 4-5 BSODs with Bad_Pool_Header but BC saved the day, as usual, and things were good.  I used the laptop quite awhile yesterday so there must be something I need  check out.  Why would this be happening on a new laptop (not a cheap one either)???

Is this a lemon or what??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by judyjht, 10 July 2016 - 10:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

Have you ever tapped F12 at boot and started a full hardware diagnostic on the computer?

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

No should I reboot and do it?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:15 AM

Yes, while the computer is booting tap F12 and then use the arrow keys to select diagnostics. 

#5 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

The first test found nothing - now I am do the longer one on the Memory (about 2 hours).  Figured I might as well do the whole shebang!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

Yes, definitely do the complete diagnostics.

#7 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

It says 14 minutes left so I guess it is not really 2 hours.  I'll let you know what happens.

#8 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

It says - All Tests Passed   Validation  100350

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

Then I would surmise your problem is due to some kind of driver conflict. I would wait until usamsa can respond on what your next step should be. 

#10 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

OK he is the one who helped me last time.  I'll wait for him.  Thanks for the help so far.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, I'm running a bit behind.  The wife is moving her business to another building shortly, so I'm helping with the prep for the move (and I'm her IT guy - so I've got to do that also).

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

I can't run the first one because I have XP

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

Here's the stuff that I need.

You'll note that you may not be able to do the last one (systeminfo report):

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo: - I can't recall if this works with XP, please let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

Edited by usasma, 11 July 2016 - 06:51 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:59 PM

I am such an idiot!!  Sorry for the confusion - I thought I was on the new laptop but I was on the XP laptop.  I do have Windows 10.  Here is the info you asked for.

Attached Files

#15 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

Now I really am an idiot.  I for the life of me figure how to do this step - I am completely noy used to this Windows 10 yet!  Run PERFMON System Health Report.  Can you give me a step by step??

In the meantime I will do the others (I hope)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users