Please download and run RKill
RKill is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications. We will run the RKill before running the scans listed below.
These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run your security applications before the computer is rebooted.
Please download RKill from the Bleeping Computer option and install it.
Attention: While running RKill you may see a message stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected. This is the malware trying to protect itself. Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are:
1) Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension.
2) Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page contains individual links to renamed versions.
When RKill is run it will display a console screen similar to the one below:
When RKill has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill.
Attention: At this time you need to run your security applications listed below. Do not restart the computer until all of the requested scans have been run and the logs posted in your topic.
After the application has run successfully you should reboot the computer to restore the processes and Windows Registry entries.
Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now.
3) Click on Settings, you will see a image like the one below.
When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.
4) Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now. The scan will automatically run now.
5) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All.
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. Copy and paste the log in your topic.
Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Edited by dc3, 10 July 2016 - 09:17 AM.