Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D Partition On HP Home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:34 AM

Would like advice on whether to try and remove  Factory installed (Recovery Partition D. ). My PC has window-10 with free upgrade from windows-7. Trying to get all clean and ready for final Redstone update in August. If advisable instructions on how to correctly remove....Thanks for any and all advice....Jim

Edited by Jim-Bo, 10 July 2016 - 07:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

I have an HP computer too, and I suggest that you don't! This is the recovery partition, so in case your system gets damaged, you can reinstall. Yes, that would mean you have to start from 7 again, but now that you have upgraded, your PC has the digital entitlement so you can reinstall or upgrade again after the offer is over.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:10 AM

I have an HP computer too, and I suggest that you don't! This is the recovery partition, so in case your system gets damaged, you can reinstall. Yes, that would mean you have to start from 7 again, but now that you have upgraded, your PC has the digital entitlement so you can reinstall or upgrade again after the offer is over.

-CKing

Thanks for your reply. I have read much on this and the way you explained it,,,I can completely understand the value of the factory recovery partition.  I had not even considered the possibility of loosing the upgrade to w-10 key. BC saved old Jim again....Thank you very much.....Jim

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

You are welcome :)

Thanks for your reply. I have read much on this and the way you explained it,,,I can completely understand the value of the factory recovery partition.  I had not even considered the possibility of loosing the upgrade to w-10 key. BC saved old Jim again....Thank you very much.....Jim

You won't lose the key. Even if you change the hard disk, etc (unless you change the motherboard). What I was trying to tell you was that you don't have to worry about not being able to install Windows 10 again. You will be able to, and for free because you already did, and it sent to Microsoft a digital entitlement, so that even if you clean install, it will be able to verify the entitlement and allow you to install Windows 10 activated

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#5 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

You are welcome :)

You won't lose the key. Even if you change the hard disk, etc (unless you change the motherboard). What I was trying to tell you was that you don't have to worry about not being able to install Windows 10 again. You will be able to, and for free because you already did, and it sent to Microsoft a digital entitlement, so that even if you clean install, it will be able to verify the entitlement and allow you to install Windows 10 activated

Got it.....Thanks again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users