Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584369/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-help/page-2#entry4037820 - Hamluis.
Alright, open your account and follow the instructions below please.
System File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;
Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.
- On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
- On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
- On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
- Enter the command below and press on Enter;sfc /scannowNote: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";
- Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Entercopy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
- A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;
I had encounter the same problem . Can you help me check on it .
my CBSlog had been upload to
Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2016 - 04:04 AM.