Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor / Two Applications

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrismciver

chrismciver

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

Hey all, first post on the forum so sorry if it's a little sketchy.

So I recently added another monitor to my setup. My main monitor is a TV using HDMI and the other is a monitor using VGA. I mainly wanted to do this so I can use chrome on my alternate monitor while a fullscreen game like Counter Strike: Global Offensive is open on my main monitor. However, if I move my cursor and select chrome on my alt monitor while CSGO is open on my main monitor, it minimizes CSGO in order for me to use Chrome on the other.

TL;DR ~ Is it possible to use chrome on a second screen without minimizing a fullscreen application on a main monitor?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:32 PM

Yes, i do it with LoL, and WoW while YouTube is playing, if you can and the settings let you:

Change size inside game to Windowed Mode (Full Screen)

then you should be able to click outside the game without minimizing it.

EDIT: You might have to hit the Windows Key + P > Extend This Display.

Edited by Viper_Security, 10 July 2016 - 01:32 AM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users