Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help fixing my computer, very frustrated

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Judojugs

Judojugs

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Okay literally only made this account on this forum because of a download a friend gave me for a game that he didn't know had viruses on it. I've spent days looking for solutions and now I'm trying to just get help and be patient but I am extremely frustrated and overall just not in a very good mood. I did a virus scan using Malwarebytes anti malware and got rid of over 800 viruses (I do weekly scans and my last one was about 4 days prior to that) and so I removed them. However I still get random pop-ups from random websites and I can't find a solution to it. I use Adblock plus and I have kept my PC very clean and virus free since I got it months ago. I would like help with the problem. I have already done a scan using ADWcleaner and cleaned using it AND have downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. I just need to know what to do to get rid of these popups as they also slow down my computer immensely (used to be able to run videos on youtube at 1080p flawlessly and now I randomly drop frames and am at constant 20fps on even 720p) I would like quick replies because I really want to get this immensely annoying issue resolved ASAP.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 July 2016 - 08:48 PM.
moved from Introductions to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _pinpoint

_pinpoint

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hello Judojugs, Welcome to the forums!

I understand your frustration Judojugs but the experts on this forum offer there time as Volunteers, and if your computer is indeed infected it can take time for this to get resolved so please be patient and I am sure you will receive the help you need. 

In the mean time here is a good topic you should read to help you learn what you need to provide for the experts so they can better understand your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41987/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

Also posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619479/getting-random-pop-ups-even-after-a-scan-and-cant-change-homepage where help is being given.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users