Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trio monitors, GTX 960 2GB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chucky3375

Chucky3375

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

Hey everyone, I know I can run up to 4 monitors on a 960, probably more with adaptors and stuff but my monitors are HDMI, I purchased this adaptor (HDMI>DP): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's arriving Monday along with my third monitor. I wanted to ask beforehand, if I can connect monitor one via HDMI, monitor two via DVI and monitor three via DP with the adaptor I purchased. Or will I need to have two monitors connected via DP and one via HDMI or DVI? Thanks in advanced people :)

EDIT: Not sure if it's the correct forum sorry if it's not.

Edited by Chucky3375, 09 July 2016 - 04:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chucky3375

Chucky3375
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Still need help with this if possible, thanks.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

You should be able to connect them either way, but honestly you won't know until you try.  I don't think you need to be worried, but feel free to post if you have issues once your new equipment arrives.

#4 Chucky3375

Chucky3375
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

You should be able to connect them either way, but honestly you won't know until you try.  I don't think you need to be worried, but feel free to post if you have issues once your new equipment arrives.

Thank you for the help, will let other people know in 30mins if anyone is wondering the same.

EDIT: For people in the same situation it worked flawlessly with the adaptor in OP.

Edited by Chucky3375, 11 July 2016 - 06:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users