Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run a Dll as an app has encounted a problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psongman

psongman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hi, new poster and forumite here. I have searched and researched, followed every post and thread's offerings on the NET and still cannot get rid of this error which appears after my computer boots up, in Windows XP Home. Can someone please help us, there are quite a few experiencing this problem. There must be a way to diagnose this error. I mean I repaired XP with my CD, and tried to correct it with all the fixes and scans and antivirus programs and it still comes up when I boot up, right after the final display screen. Anyway, hope you can assist me, thanks for listening, RD

P.S. The computer seems to work fine after I click out of that window though, just thought I would add that!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Open Event Viewer and look in the Application logs under Windows for any errors. Double click any item with an error for a clue on which dll is causing the problem.

To access Event Viewer right click My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

Does the error message displays the name of the DLL file if it does can you give us the name.
Perform a Clean Boot  to eliminate startup programs and third party services that may be causing the issue.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users