Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Device Not Recognized (error code 43)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drbumfinger

drbumfinger

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

My Machine  hp 2000 notebook

came w/ Windows 7, now running Windows 10 64 bit

First sign of trouble was kept getting message that YouCam   webcam had stopped working

Uninstalled webcam, don't use it anyway. Was running Windows 8.1 at the time

Then began getting the "USB device not recognized.  The last USB device malfunctioned....

I never use a USB device of any kind.

An unknown device shows up  in the list of USB's in Device Manager and SOMETIMES in Devices and Printers in Control Panel.

Windows cant recognize it.  Updating or uninstalling don't work.

Gradually losing use of keyboard keys.  First g.h, mute, and backspace.  Now more are going

Two Standard USB OpenHCD. host controllers now have yellow triangles

"Windows found driver software but encountered a problem...

Installed Windows 10 hoping it would install new healthy drivers, nope

The disease seems to be  morphing

See the topic everywhere, but no solutions.  Lots of bad advice.  Any help greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

Did you do a clean install of 10 or an upgrade?

Your keyboard problem is most probably the keyboard itself.  If you can borrow a regular USB keyboard and try it, that will let you know.

New key boards for laptops are dirt cheap these days ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-NEW-for-HP-COMPAQ-2000-369WM-QE339UA-Model-BLACK-US-LAPTOP-KEYBOARD-/141686510404?hash=item20fd2c9344:g:CjEAAOSw~gRV3p1i ); but, I need the P/N or full model number to make sure its the right one!

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users