Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add-ons

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ksue

Ksue

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

For some time now,I have no sounds anywhere, and no audio in Windows Media Player 9.

I'm not sure just when exactly I lost it or what might have happened just prior to loosing all the sounds or audio.
Doing a System restore to April did not bring it back, but maybe I did not go back far enough?

I've done all the usual checking around in device manager and it says No Problems found on all the different things I could check.

Questions:

1: Some time ago, I went to the Manage Add-Ons box and checked a few things that I thought might bring in add-ware and such,like browser helper items, to disable them.
One of them was Shockwave Flash Object.
Could putting this on the disabled list caused me to loose sound?

2:Just today, a new icon has appeared in the system tray near the time and day that when I click on it it says " a new Macromedia Flash Player is available"
Has this come from the recent Windows Up-dates that I get automatically...and do I need this for sound or is it just another Player?

3: The little "manage add-ons" icon down by the system tray (next to the globe icon)has an exclamation on it and it didn't used to....What does this mean?And
how do you know what add-ons to enable or dis-able?

I know this is a lot of questions so I appreciate any answers I may get.

Thanks a bunch,
Ksue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users