Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Test Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:25 PM

Is there a way that I can test my PCI-Express 16x slot? Or even my motherboard in full to see if its shot? Thanks in advance.
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

I take it that PCI-e video card is not working? Have you ried a standard PCI video card to see if that works? With the PCIe card removed of course. Has the motherboard ever worked? Is it a new board you suspect of being defective?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 90awdturbo

90awdturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

All my games one day started to get terrible FPS. BF2 went from 20-50fps to 0-15. I had an ATI X800 Pro and figured maybe it died or something so I bought a XFX Geforce 7900GT but it didn't help. Tested my ram when I had my AMD 3700 SanDiego clocked @ 2.4 and got 116 errors. Dropped it back to normal and raised the CAS Latency back to 3 and got no errors. Still wasn't sure though so I bought 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum but it didn't help either. I have done the Sandra 07 test on my CPU and it was fine. I have system mechanic 06 and have tried everything on that but no help along with Defragging, spyware scans, virus scans and emptying temp folders. Figured maybe it was my motherboard or something but I still have no idea. Any ideas?
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users