Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Fps W/new 7900gt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

Alright well it all started about two weeks ago when I went to play BF2 and my frame rates went from 20-50 to 0-15. So I tried all the basics, restart, virus scan, spyware, de frag, clean up temp files and what not but nothing helped. So since I had an X800 pro I figured I would upgrade to a 7900 GT. Got the GT and nothing changed... So I did a mem test with my AMD 3700Sandiego @ 2.4 and got 116 errors. So I put it back to 2.2 and did a mem test and it was all good, no errors, tried bf2 but no relief. So I bought 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum hoping that was the answer, apparently it wasn't.
I tried Tomb Raider Legend which I got with the 7900 GT and it sucks too so I guess this isn't just a BF2 issue. I'm not sure what else to check I did all these scans in safe mode also but it didn't help. I tested the voltage on my 430W Thermaltake PSU and its fine. Tested my CPU and it appears just fine. Could my motherboard or my PCI-Express 16x slot be fried? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:28 AM

Have you tried updating the drivers? Sometimes games don't work good on some cards since the game can't properly use the core/pipelines to process the game. Usualy that's what newer drivers are for, to fix bugs, and improve performance.

If your Motherboard/PCI-Express slot was fried, it wouldn't work at all! Do you notice sloppy movements while doing casual things, like movies or surfing the web? When you move a window rapidly, does it seem sluggish?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

Run DriverCleaner to get rid of your old ATi drivers and d/l the new nVidia drivers. DC is a freeware and works EXTREMELY well. If you change video cards constantly, then you wont EVER regret using DC.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users