Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Cheap Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Escaflowne

Escaflowne

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yeah I need to get a new computer and if the only way to get a good cheap gaming computer is to build one then I might do that.

Right now I have:
mobile AMD Athlon ™ 2.13ghz
512mb RAM
BFG GeForce 6200 256mb OC
A sound card thats older than jesus (prolly from 1998 :thumbsup: )

I need something that could run bf2 and games with high graphics like that easily. I currently have to lay it with everything on the lowest settings.

What people could also do to help would be post a place to get a good motherboard and tell me how many ghz, maybe more ram, better graphics card, sound card, or just post a whole computer for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:05 PM

how cheap? do you have a budget in mind? I always parts hunt at newegg.com

you can check out the public wish lists section on newegg to get some ideas. to start off here is a list of parts MaxPC magazine had for their $1k gamer budget build. it is a little cheaper and a little dated now, after a few months, but change the parts you'd like to update and you have a guaranteed gaming PC for short $

Edited by Gothmog, 12 August 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, building one isn't that difficult, finding the right parts is the hardest.

Putting a computer together isn't that hard from...building a mid sized Lego set.

An easy way to get a cheap gaming computer is to buy a pre-made one, or a barebone kit, they usually come with a Case, motherboard and a processor. And then just add on from there.

Newegg and TigerDirect are good online retailers.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users