Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD player doesn't work code 52 error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stuffed

Stuffed

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

I am running windows 10, upgraded from 8.1. I can't run disks in CD/DVD player, in the properties of the device I get this, 'Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).

Thanks,

Stuffed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

Look in Device Manager for entries with ! or ? to the left.  These are the drivers causing your problem.  You need to download Windows 10 compatible drivers for these.  Get them ONLY from your computer's manufacturer.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 CKing123

CKing123

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

I am running windows 10, upgraded from 8.1. I can't run disks in CD/DVD player, in the properties of the device I get this, 'Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).

Thanks,

Stuffed

It may have been because by default, driver signature enforcement might have been turned off, and Windows 10 turned it back on.

Lets run MiniToolBox and get more information about the drivers

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox

Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop if you have deleted MiniToolBox from using it before, otherwise skip this step
Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator
Check the following options:

• Devices (Make sure that Only Problems is chosen)

Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete
Once the scan is complete, a log will open.
Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 23,669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

Right click on the malfunctioning CD/DVD drive in Device Manager.

Select "Uninstall".

If it asks to remove driver software, check the box to remove the software.

Then let it remove the device.

Then reboot the system and see if that has fixed it (and if that has fixed the error in Device Manager).

In most cases Windows will include the drivers for these devices.

If it doesn't, then the chipset drivers will provide a driver for them.

You may want to try updating your chipset drivers also (and ensuring that Windows is fully updated).

Also, you may want to try the CD/DVD drive in another system - to see if it works there.
If it doesn't, then I'd have to suspect that there's a physical problem with the drive (and you may need a new CD/DVD drive).

Edited by usasma, 10 July 2016 - 06:27 AM.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

I am having severe eye problems and may not be able to post back/respond.
I have just started to recover from these problems, so my eyesight is still a bit compromised.
If help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users