Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange files in (D:) taking up huge amount of space. Can I delete them?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1949BIGBEN

1949BIGBEN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

I was searching around my computer and noticed that my (D:) drive was almost completely full despite the fact that I have no music, pictures, or files currently on this computer. So I did some investigating with WinDirStat (A program that some people on another forum recommended) and figured out that it was these weird files that are about 215 MB a piece. When you open them with Notepad it just comes up with a bunch of what looks like Chinese characters. I couldn't get a picture of that though, because it wouldn't load again. I am using a Samsung Laptop that is running Windows 7. I do think it is worth noting that I do run Eraser on this computer about once a week, the reason being is I'm not much of a computer guy and like to keep my life as separate from the PC world as possible, so I like to wipe my computer out often in case it ever gets stolen or something. (I've read about people stealing computers and then running recovery software and stealing info that had been entered into the internet and old pictures and stuff)

34xfa11.jpg

32zt7qb.jpg

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users