Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet Battery to USB???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

I probably already know the answer to this but here goes.

a few months back i found a 5V router and wired an old USB cord to the power plug so i can use it Via USB powered.(5V)

i was wondering if could wire my tablet battery(2800mAh) to the cord i made a few months back to have a portable router.(which i have plans for) like possibly have it like a "Y" cable, that splits at 3 ends.?? and have it charge and discharge correctly?

I suspect No , but worth a shot.

-ViperSec.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

What router are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Viper_Security

Viper_Security
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

What router are you using?

D-Link DIR-601

Edited by Viper_Security, 10 July 2016 - 12:21 PM.

hQBT2G3.png

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

The 5Volts DC will work, but the amperage needed is 2.5A.  2800mAh (milliampere-hour) is not the figure we need.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Viper_Security

Viper_Security
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

The 5Volts DC will work, but the amperage needed is 2.5A.  2800mAh (milliampere-hour) is not the figure we need.

That's what i was worried about was the amperage :/

so i cant split the cord i already made one more direction so it can charge and discharge correctly?

this was my thinking:

grab the USB cord that powers the DIR-601, remove the elec. tape

twist the wires together that correspond to the usb cord with the tablet battery (polarity wise)

that way it can be USB or Tablet battery powered and have the option to charge the battery.

(the tablet battery has a tiny board at the top that the wires get soldered on to then those wires go to the tablet mobo)

What's that tiny board for?

hQBT2G3.png

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

The circuit inside the battery serves two purposes. One it monitors the battery temperature during charging and sends a signal to the micro controller based main charging system inside the Laptop to shutdown the charging process. Secondly it has an in built over load protector which protects the battery from dead shorts.

Here's the thing about amperage, it must meet a minimum amount.  In this case it is 2.5A.  You can't go below this, but you can have more amps than required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users