Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sam9009

sam9009

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:49 AM

Hello,

Windows update won't start the download.

It's stuck at 0 percent.

I left it for 24 hours and it was still at 0 percent.

I tried to install just one update that I heard fixes the issue (KB3153199) but first it goes through this searching for updates process and that's taking forever.

I downloaded this windows reset patch from bleepingcomputer, but when I tried to open it says that I need to have administrator rights to continue. I own the laptop, so I don't know what's that about. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:07 AM

If you do not have IE11 or .NET 4.61 manually install them.

See this page for updates to manually install. You can check you installed updates (Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\View update history) 

Install the latest Windows Update Client shown on the page and Update Agent.

Windows 7 updates have been a disaster after the introduction of Windows 10.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

when I tried to open it says that I need to have administrator rights to continue.

If something needs to be run with administrator rights, right click on it and from the dialog select Run As Administrator
Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:24 PM

See this post. I think this will solve your update issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617578/another-windows-update-situation/?p=4037253

#5 sam9009

sam9009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

I installed IE11. I had IE 9. I installed Net 4.61.

I am trying to manually install the updates in the CMD, but nothing is happening. 

I open up wusa in the cmd using that command, and then I put the location of where the updates are and press enter and it just goes to the original

startup path C:\Users\

I tried to double click the update and it says only one wusa can run at a time or something.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:13 AM

Don't manually install the updates in CMD. First Turn off Windows Update. Reboot the computer and then double click the update to install. It will take a bit for before a Window will pop up asking if you would like to install. Start with the update Agent I linked to then each of the updates in my first post. After you have done this then do the June Rollup package after downloading and installing KB3020369

#7 sam9009

sam9009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

I think I'm good now. I did everything you said, then I checked for and installed the rest of the updates. All went smooth.

Thank you very much.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Your Welcome, glad it's all sorted out now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users