Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WLAN autoconfig is creating error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IndiEagle

IndiEagle

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

Hi all,
I have a problem with wlan autoconfig service. If this service is enabled, then during start up computer just goes through infinite cycles of windows opening and then blue screen appearing saying windows was not shut down properly. This stops when I go to safe mode.
On the other hand, if I disable wlan autoconfig service everything works normal except, of course, the internet. I believe this is a result of some infected software that I managed to remove but I cannot run malware as I cannot connect internet. Also this infected software (that was supposed to be antivirus software) removed my original antivirus so I am helpless.
Please let me know if anyone has some suggestion.
Thanks in advance.
Eagle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

If you are not using wireless connection you can disable the WLAN AutoConfig  service which provides the logic required to configure, discover, connect to and disconnect from a wireless local area network (WLAN) as defined by IEEE 802.11 standards. It also contains the logic to turn your computer into a software access point so that other devices or computers can connect to your computer wirelessly using a WLAN adapter that can support this. Stopping or disabling the WLANSVC service will make all WLAN adapters on your computer inaccessible from the Windows networking UI. It is strongly recommended that you have the WLANSVC service running if your computer has a WLAN adapter. Your issue i'm sure not with WLAN AutoConfig  service its wireless card causing the issue install latest version of the wireless card driver.

Posted Image

#3 IndiEagle

IndiEagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

Thank you though I am using wireless services. Even if there is a problem with adapter then keeping wlan autoconfig enabled in msconfig.exe should not hamper starting of windows. So here I have two issues: first I cannot enable wlan autoconfig at all and then second I cannot use internet as wlan autoconfig is disabled. First I need a solution for wlan autoconfig. Is there anyway I can uninstall wlan autoconfig service and re install it as a new?
Thank you.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

Can you please run the batch script i have created this batch script will set all Windows services to there default startup settings. Download link to batch script is below. After running the batch script open the Service Manager console by typing services.msc into Start Menu search box see if the WLAN AutoConfig  service has been started if not start the WLAN AutoConfig  service if any error message please copy and paste the error message at your next post.

Set Windows Services To Default Startup

Posted Image

#5 IndiEagle

IndiEagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Thank you, Freebooter! Though I am not sure how I download this batch link as my internet is not working on computer. Also, I would like to clatify that technically I can enable WLAN autoconfig from msconfig.exe but cannot connect to internet due to error 0×80131700. And then when I restart computer after enabling wlan autoconfig, it starts showing blue screen repetatively.(screenshot of blue screen attached). Please share if you have any solution.

Attached Files

Edited by IndiEagle, 08 July 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

The blue screen of death issue is mainly caused by the driver error which is installed for your LAN CARD / NIC (Network card).
The issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the latest drivers for the NIC from the manufacture’s website. 

Posted Image

#7 IndiEagle

IndiEagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

Thank you freebooter!! I will try this and lets see :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users