Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Widows 7 computer that won't start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mars1954

Mars1954

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

So after running the Avast Smart Scan it recommended I purchase Avast Clean up( Grime fighter) to remove some minor issues and have better performance so I did well when I go to restart my computer I get a message that says Windows has failed to start so I run a system restore it goes through and says restore has failed.So I can't get to my control; panel because my windows will not start does anyone know how I can remove the Avast program from computer any help will be appreciated so much

Alan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

Boot Windows into Safe Mode by tapping F8 key when you power on the computer and from safe mode uninstall the AVAST software but within Safe Mode you cannot uninstall programs follow the instructions below to enable the Windows Installer Service.

• Boot your computer into Safe Mode and open the Command Prompt as a administrator by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu search box.
  • From within the Command Prompt window that opened type below commands one at time and press Enter key for each command you have typed.
Reg Add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIService /t REG_SZ /ve  /d Service  /f

Reg Add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIService /t REG_SZ /ve  /d Service  /f

Net Start msiserver

Sfc  /Scannow

Edited by FreeBooter, 08 July 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Mars1954

Mars1954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Boot Windows into Safe Mode by tapping F8 key when you power on the computer and from safe mode uninstall the AVAST software but within Safe Mode you cannot uninstall programs follow the instructions below to enable the Windows Installer Service.

• Boot your computer into Safe Mode and open the Command Prompt as a administrator by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu search box.
  • From within the Command Prompt window that opened type below commands one at time and press Enter key for each command you have typed.
Reg Add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIService /t REG_SZ /ve  /d Service  /f

Reg Add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIService /t REG_SZ /ve  /d Service  /f

Net Start msiserver

Sfc  /Scannow

Hi thank you for your real when I try to boot my Asus desktop by tapping the f8 key I get the Bios screen how do I get to safe mode from there as there is no search box to type in cmd.exe thank you

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:43 AM

After manufacturer logo displayed tap F8 key till you get to Advanced Boot Options menu whish is where you can select Safe Mode also try booting Windows with Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) option which is also available from  Advanced Boot Options menu.

How to Boot to the Advanced Boot Options in Windows 7

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users