Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Increase The Length Of My E-mails

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 franciemc

franciemc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hi all ,first for me ,hope i do it right. Ihave searched all the appropiate posts on my problem with noe sucess . I'ts down to you all there . I have Win XP / Firefox/ Hotmail 250 mb and I just like to write long and descriptive e-mails ( why use 10 words ,when a hundred will do ) and i run out of space by the time i have typed 12 lines of text. Any tips on how to increase the size of my type face.
Thanks in advance, Francie.

Mode Edit: Closed open tags. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 12 August 2006 - 12:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

The only tools in hotmail are spell check, dictionary, and thesauraus. Did you mean DEcrease type face? Out of curiosity (I have the same programs) I ran a check on how many lines I could type in hotmail and stopped at about 40. Maybe there is a different program for Spain. There are other free emails such as Yahoo and Gmail. Gmail allows you to change type and colors.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

There is always the option of attaching a word processing document to your E-mail, with the highlights in the body of the E-mail itself. Having a E-mail client that allows POP access is the pleonist's dream, since usually your application will allow for much longer messages (G-mail, for example is free and allows POP access).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 franciemc

franciemc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:58 AM

Hi Buddy &John , thank you for your prompt replies. It's a bit of a pain and when I try to ask 'the hotmail team'
I get zilch. .Still. I will persist " problems are only opportunities to excel " Thank you again. Francie

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:07 AM

I wonder if the limitation applies with the new version of Hotmail at Windows Live MailBeta? You might transfer your Hotmail account there and see:

http://ideas.live.com/programPage.aspx?ver...911fb2b2e6d

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users