Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xplosivo

xplosivo

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

Ok this problem has been plaguing me for a while. It's a little tough to explain but I will try. Whenever I try to watch a dvd or an avi file the screen appears black at first, and then if i just mouse over any button such as fast forward or reverse the picture flickers a little bit and then goes back to black. I have windows xp with an ati radeon 9600. Here is the next weird part, yesterday i installed the latest drivers, then was able to watch two full length avi movies with no problems. However, when i go to watch something today, it doesnt work. I changed absolutely nothing to my computer overnight. Today i tried reinstalling the drivers, installing the latest directx, and i know that i have the codecs to play it because i used gspot codec checker. I am trying to play files with vlc media player, but ive also run into the same problem trying to play dvds with all kinds of various players. This problem has me really stumped and i'd appreciate it if someone could help out. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users