Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Man Dies!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

My title is strong as it should be, the man that was shot in Minn which was live streamed by his fiance with her four year old in the back seat hit me hard as it did countless others!

How will things like this play out under Apples new proposal to stop their products from videoing police!!!

I am 76 years old and have watched the rights of individual fade dramatically over time, first Apple fought to keep its software private now flip flops to help to take more rights away.  This one we can see coming and it must be stopped, the case above could have a very different out come if it were not for the live stream.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/apple-latest-approved-patent-disable-camera-article-1.2693262

Already there is a law in place where No One can protest at political events: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-camp/anti-occupy-law-passes-nea_b_1343728.html

Freedoms are slipping away faster and faster, I am old and it will not affect me much if any.  But take a breathe and think only of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

OldPhil makes strong points.

The "younger" people of today are not so sure if his points are relevant, or simply the mutterings of an older man.

I can understand their feelings....because they have not known the freedom that older folk have experienced. As i look back, i am forever mindful that the world has gone nuts...bloody crazy in fact...We have a rule/law for everything.....and it is so unnecessary. It is, of course, all about Control

We speak of 'political masters'...usually with a sarcastic tone and a bit of a grin.....but sadly it is the truth....we have become enslaved to the "supremacists' of today.....they may wear suits and ties or dresses ot work clothes etc etc etc....but as weird and unlikely as it seems...we are controlled. The freedoms of a past era, are just that...Past. Kapoof. Gone

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

Yes, there is a controversy of Apple's patents, however as long as Apple does not use them, it also means that other companies can't use them either. We will have to wait to know more about this though

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users