I am having some issues with devices.
Here is my setup (School Environment):
I have a Mac running OSX Server to handle my DHCP and DNS
I have an ethernet patch panel for incoming cables.
The patch panel connects to a ProCurve 4000 switch.
The switch connects through one cable to a Procurve 2910
I have been adding projectors to rooms and connecting them to the ethernet. I have been repurposing all of the old ethernet ports that already existed in the rooms by removing the boxes, rejacking them, and plugging them into the projectors. Up until yesterday I havent had any problems with any of the projectors. Now the last two projectors that I have done are giving me self assigned IP addresses.
I tried connecting a Macbook air into it using a USB ethernet adapter and the Macbook picked up an IP address but it was the same one that the last computer using the adapter had. No websites would load but I could ping other computers on the network.
The only thing left that I can think of is to just run a new ethernet cable but I was hoping someone had other ideas before I did that.