Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer Closes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky65

Rocky65

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619112/procedure-for-opening-folders-has-suddenly-changed/ - Hamluis.

Will this work if I have a similar issue? That is... I used to be able to right click and open a new folder from the "left pane" while in My Documents or even the root folder on the left pane.  When this happens the "explorer window closed with out any warning.

thanks

Edited by hamluis, 07 July 2016 - 11:33 AM.

Why are mice when they spin?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

Will this work if I have a similar issue? That is... I used to be able to right click and open a new folder from the "left pane" while in My Documents or even the root folder on the left pane.  When this happens the "explorer window closed with out any warning.

thanks

I don't think this is the same problem. Were any programs recently added to the context menu when you right click the folder? If you start in safe mode do you still have the same problem?

#3 Rocky65

Rocky65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Most of the time explorer closes, but once in a while it works just fine.  The only change I have made in the last few months have been to upgrade my ram to 2 8 meg chips from 1 4 meg chip

Why are mice when they spin?

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

To Rocky65, I'm sure you mean 8 GB sticks not 8 meg. And it would be much nicer if you created a new thread for your problem since it is not exactly like the OP's.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

This thread has been moved by Hamluis. @Rocky65 could you better explain what is going on?

Do you mean that when you right-click and click on a folder on the sidebar, explorer crashes?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users