Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey guys just bought 2.8k in gear to build. Built but not working. Please help!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ATCOGAN

ATCOGAN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:31 AM

Hey guys I'm ATCOGAN, new here and any help at all would be super appreciated.

Now I know spending 2.8k on a gaming computer sounds silly, especially when you are buying all the pieces separately and then trying to put it together with one mate, both of us, having near nil experience in building computers.

BUT I did this in the hopes that I wouldn't have to upgrade anytime in the near future. 

Even though we are sure we set everything right it is still not turning on.. Ive watched video after video trying to resolve this issue and read so many forums but nothing has really helped me.

I'm thinking it could be a few things please let me know if i'm wrong (Novice computer builder)
1. I have a Corsair CX750 non modular was just a bad purchase and was DOA
2. I haven't connected the case properly to the MOBO (but fan on CX750 doesn't turn on regardless)
3. Or finally i've done something wrong while installing and just fried everything...

I'll put the info below of my build and any help would be greatly appreciated i've been waiting so long to join the 1080p gaming world as I have always used mac which has basically limited my gaming to DOTA CS:S and a poor excuse for rust...

PSU: Corsair CX750 V3
RAM: 16G Kit DDR4 (8Gx2) 2133 HyperX Fury
MOBO: ASRock Z170 Pro4 
GPU: GAINWARD GeForce® GTX 1080 PHOENIX
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 
CASE: Define S Fractal Design
SSD: 750 EVO SATA III 2.5inch SSD

Thanks guys any help would be awesome I can send photos as well if you would like to see how I have set it up!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

Does any of the mobo lights come on?  Do not know a lot about that psu, but I have the Corsair RM850i and the fan hardly ever comes on even under load.  To me it sounds like you may not have the mobo properly grounded, look at the manual that came with it and make sure you have all the screws in the correct holes.  My first build I had a similar issue and it was just a grounding issue, ie I had to many screws in the mobo and it was shorting out. 

utl8q0-5.png

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Sorry to hear of your problems, don't get discouraged. Believe this or not, right now you are in an accelerated learning process which will pay off big in the future. If you really want to learn fast, troubleshooting problems is the best learning process there is.

Here is the technique I use in a new build, and it also describes the testing techniques that I use when a repair comes in. This is a generalized process, but it is called a "bench build" technique and is designed to find equipment problems before you get the whole thing together.

still not turning on

Is the unit totally dead and unresponsive? If there is a power lamp on the mobo, does it light?

> Have you correctly connected the front panel power switch cable to the proper socket on the mobo? Those connectors can be confusing.

> If there is a power-on/off switch on the power supply (rear of the case), is it turned to on? Easy to overlook.

> Did you use standoffs when mounting the mobo? sorry for asking the obvious, but we have to cover all the basics.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users