Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access denied due to invalid credentials message at a website

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 llama2019

llama2019

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:56 AM

I am trying to access a page on a website and I am getting a message stating "Access is denied due to invalid credentials." When I search Google about this message all the "answers" to this problem discuss something called iis and application pools which I know absolutely nothing about. I am simply clicking on a web page and this comes up. It is a tax preparation site and I do live abroad, but I have used the site before over several years abroad. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

Is it just 1 site? If so, its broke.

#3 llama2019

llama2019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:35 PM

Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that the site is "broke". I was hoping for a more elaborate answer to explain that particular message I am receiving.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:01 AM

Why do you find it difficult? Someone worked on the website, probably a new designer, and didn't follow the previous design. You are welcome to google the error to see for yourself. If you want specifics, what is the website? To be clear, this isn't when trying to log into the site right, just to access it?

Edited by Trikein, 08 July 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#5 llama2019

llama2019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

I did google the error and all the answers I found referenced something called "iis" and "application pools." This is on a site called 1040.com, it is a tax preparation site that I have used several times over the past several years. I can access the home page but when I click on "get started" or "login" (since I have a username and password for the site), the error message comes up. This is before a username or password is even entered, just accessing the page. I wondered if it is because I live abroad and maybe the site cant be accessed outside the US, but since I have used it here in for years I didn't think that could be it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users