Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I keep app windows in same arrangement on multiple monitor when it sleeps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

I have 6 monitors for news and trading not gaming.  I'm using a 7750 Eyefinity 6 video card on Windows 10.  I use several apps for trading and news watching on these, and when I set them up in exactly the rights spots, I don't want to have to set them up each time I tap the "sleep" button to save electricity.  

The thing is that it's a lot of little charts and other data windows overlying each other, and fit into little corners all over this monitor wall, and it takes to long to set up each time.  

So how do I save the arrangement?  Thanks

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 July 2016 - 07:35 AM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sandman1374

sandman1374

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

I can not help with default Win10 settings but can only offer this,

On my Win10 with dual monitors I run DisplayFusion Pro and am unaffected with any placement and sleep issues plus the added task bar/s configurations are very useful. Comes with a lot of other nice options. All my windows ( mostly monitoring utilities) retain placement even from a cold boot. Some start with windows (proper location) while those I start manually return to their previous position as well.

I've run this way since Win7 with life time license as 7 didn't come with dual task bar support and just never tried the Win10 default settings but one time. Immediately reinstalled DisplayFusion after seeing how blah default is.

https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/View/how-many-monitors-does-displayfusion-support/?ID=6e095bee-61fd-4b6c-8379-c5d3a9119fe9

Perhaps another member on Win10 with multi monitors will chime in.

Custom, AMD R7 1800x @ 3925MHz. ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, 2 x 8GB G-Skill Flare-X @ 3466MHz 14-13-13-26-1T, Samsung 960 m.2 NVMe OS. Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD OC OS. 2TB WD Blck data, 4TB WD Red Storage, EVGA G2 850 PSU, HD7970 3GB w/XSPC Razor WB. EK C6H Monoblock,  D5 Vario, RX360 rad,RS360 rad, EX140 rad, Xigmatek Elysium. Win10 Pro x64, Linksys WRT1900 ACS, Firefox Beta, Avast Free, Malwarebytes Pro, CCleaner,

#3 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

Yes, I'll try that one.  Thanks

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

If that doesn't work for you, you can give Ultramon a shot.  I use it, but I don't sleep my machine.  It keeps the icons on the screen they were moved to and you have different options for the Start bar, I have it on all three screens.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

To be honest, I am a little surprised that things are moving when you put the computer to sleep. That is not something that I have ever had happen to me with multiple monitor setups, but then I also have never had a 6 monitor setup, so I don't know if that changes things. It will happen if I reboot the computer (which is why I have made use of similar applications to what has been recommended), but not if I just put the computer to sleep. Strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users