Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greyhound racing to be banned in New South Wales

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:32 PM

I am in 2 minds over this, While its a great idea and long over due, I feel sorry for the poor dogs as most will be put down.

"Certainly this is not an easy decision," Mr Baird said.

"It's not something that has been taken lightly. But when confronted with Justice McHugh's report, I believe there is no other alternative."

In his recommendation to Parliament, Mr McHugh said it should be considered whether the industry had lost its "social licence" to operate and should be shut down.

He said his alternative recommendation was extensive reform, including tighter regulation. But he said if the industry continued, there was a "very real risk" that live baiting would continue.

There are 6,809 registered greyhounds in NSW, which will need to be re-homed, transferred interstate or euthanised, the inquiry found.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-07/greyhound-racing-to-be-banned-in-new-south-wales/7576816

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

Well i watched that 4 corners show last year and i felt sick. my mates old man used to race grey hounds and the things he used to do to his dogs would make most people sick.

Its the dirtiest sport of all and then to see these w@nk** sell their dogs to the Chinese so they can slaughter them alive and eat them made my god damn blood boil. I have seen the footage of them cutting the dogs to let them bleed to death and that sound of mans best friend crying makes me want to go and shoot the lot of them!

I say jail them and jail the owners now.

The poor old dogs might have to be put down but lets ban this whole sport in australia starting now. These people dont care for the dogs and that tosser on 730 last night saying he has never done anything wrong while his wife is being charged for selling dogs to the Chinese for eating which is illegal here!.

Man im so worked up over this hey.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 13,247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:01 PM

I have seen the footage of them cutting the dogs to let them bleed to death and that sound of mans best friend crying makes me want to go and shoot the lot of them!

OMG I saw that and it made me sick. Those poor dogs, I understand they want to eat dogs and thats fine, But at least have the decency to slaughter them so its as fast as possible.

I dont care who is offended or not by this.

Anybody who can do that to a animal is a dam savage and deserves to be executed in the cruelest possible way, I have nothing but contempt for these people.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

Same mate same, im 6 foot 4 and 120 kilo fella but even still it nearly brought me to tears.

I love animals but i also love eating meat but there is no god given right to make something suffer just because you enjoy watching it suffer. I also read that they deep fry a live dog over there, not sure if its true but im sitting here typing this shaking my head in absolute blind rage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users