Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 fresh install crashed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnyfrew22

Ronnyfrew22

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Hi joined up to the forum today as I am need of help. I wanted to update my Sony Viao Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10. Hasn't been used much recently and full of older software I don't use so decided to fresh install Win 7 prior to the Update. I pressed f10 on boot up to start fresh install mode but after about 10 minutes into the process it seems the laptop has crashed.

The screen is frozen and is showing INSTALLING ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 45%.... I thought about switching the laptop off and on again but instinct told me this would be a big mistake, if I did this would the fresh install restart and proceed normally? Hoping you guys on here can help out.
Regards
Ronny

Edited by hamluis, 07 July 2016 - 05:29 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to W10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:12 PM

Hello Ronnyfrew22 and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer

The screen is frozen and is showing INSTALLING ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 45%.... I thought about switching the laptop off and on again but instinct told me this would be a big mistake, if I did this would the fresh install restart and proceed normally? Hoping you guys on here can help out.
Regards
Ronny

I am confused here. Are you trying to install Windows 10 or Adobe Photoshop Elements?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Ronnyfrew22

Ronnyfrew22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

Sorry for the confusion CKing, what I am trying to do is put Windows 7 back to its original factory state. I am doing this to rid my laptop of old software and files I don't want or need anymore. And after I have done this I can then Install Windows 10 onto a laptop free of junk.

So I pressed f10 on startup to enter into the restore factory settings mode and started the process After about 10 minutes the screen just froze showing the message about installing Adobe Photoshop Drivers. I don't want Photoshop it is not installed on my laptop as far as I know.

So now my laptop has been in this frozen state for 3 days. I want to switch it off and on again and continue with the factory reset but the process was interrupted so will Windows 7 be disabled leaving me without an operating system. Sorry if this sounds confused but in a nutshell, should I now just switch the laptop off and on again
Regards, Ron

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:23 AM

The Photoshop is install as part of the factory restore process its included with factory restore image created by the manufacturer of the laptop you cannot stop this installation process. You have no choice but to turn off your laptop and hope installation process continues where it get frozen if this wont happen try factory restore your laptop again.

Posted Image

#5 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

Ronnyfrew22

Just a suggestion, possibly overlooked...

Disconnect any external devices not necessary to the normal operation of your system. (eg. printers, scanners, external hard drives etc.) before attempting to restore your system to factory state.

Best of luck and please keep BC posted!

Old Rocker

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

Sorry for the confusion CKing, what I am trying to do is put Windows 7 back to its original factory state. I am doing this to rid my laptop of old software and files I don't want or need anymore. And after I have done this I can then Install Windows 10 onto a laptop free of junk.

So I pressed f10 on startup to enter into the restore factory settings mode and started the process After about 10 minutes the screen just froze showing the message about installing Adobe Photoshop Drivers. I don't want Photoshop it is not installed on my laptop as far as I know.

So now my laptop has been in this frozen state for 3 days. I want to switch it off and on again and continue with the factory reset but the process was interrupted so will Windows 7 be disabled leaving me without an operating system. Sorry if this sounds confused but in a nutshell, should I now just switch the laptop off and on again
Regards, Ron

To me, that seems like bloatware (basically manufacturers install programs that are not needed). Just force-shut down the laptop, follow @old rocker's excellent suggestion and try to do a clean/factory install again. If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 in a clean slate, you can create an install USB/DVD and do a clean install.

-CKing

Edited by CKing123, 08 July 2016 - 09:42 AM.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#7 Ronnyfrew22

Ronnyfrew22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hi and thanks to all contributors and to conclude this thread. I turned laptop off then restarted it to see what would happen. It tried to boot up into a fresh installed Windows 7 and failed to find it and shut down again. But then I remembered I made a set of recovery disks when the laptop was new. I found them at the back of a drawer and I was able to restore Windows 7 with them. If I did not have those disks I would have been up the creek lol
Regards, Ron

#8 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Nice! Its where recovery disks, system snapshots, and backups come in handy

-CKing

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users