Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to set a panic button at reception?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mayankrajsharma

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Greetings Everyone, I have a question please if any one of you could help me then kindly give your input?
I have a domain setup and voip setup, i want to configure a panic button at my reception, If in the case of emergency receptionist feels to tell everyone that there is an emergency situation at reception. 
Everyone has laptop and desktop and voip landline in there respective offices. 
Kindly suggest me best option to go for panic button so when it comes receptionist could hit that shortcut key to keyboard and it could alert to all the machines in the network.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 July 2016 - 11:20 AM.
moved from Internal Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

Are you looking to send something through your VOIP setup? If so, what hardware/software are you using? Does this need to be silent? I assume a big loud bell wouldn't work? Would it need to contact the police? Your best bet would be to contact your security company and see what they offer. In a emergency situation, it's not a good idea to depend on a DIY solution. 

#3 RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

I recommend a silent message be sent from receptionist to only a few workstations, lest, everyone thinks somebody will "get that," and nobody "gets it."  Those few workstations should belong to individuals who do not mind at all quietly and quickly checking the situation out in the reception area.  Also, ensure receptionist understands to never ever "cry wolf" via using button in place of picking up the phone and dialing for package pickups, deliveries, etc.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users