Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Download Kensington KeyboardWorks!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EncoMan

EncoMan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

Before I buy computer hardware I always download the drivers and/or software first.  If you can't
download the software the hardware is worthless.

I've tried several times to download Kensington KeyboardWorks For Desktops_v1.2.  This URL at
the Kensington site has a direct link:

http://www.kensington.com/us/us/3693/software-drivers#.V3yThoGOCho

When the download is about 95% complete it drops out.  I've been trying for hours.  No luck!

Sites like softpedia.com have a single dead link.  It's something like "ftp.kensington.com."
As you probably know, most of the Google listings for driver sites are scams.  Your search
terms could be "Mickey Mouse Drivers."  They're all linked to some kind of fake "Driver Detective"
applet.  Classic malware, trojans, etc.

Obviously, I need a working link for Kensington KeyboardWorks For Desktops_v1.2.  It's about 8.7MB.

Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

Worked immediately for me. Have you tried a different browser? Right click versus click & dialog?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 EncoMan

EncoMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

I tried three browsers.  They all stopped downloading at 92%.  My favorite download manager,
FlashGet, announced "ALL DONE" at 92%.  I have no idea why this is happening.  It reminds me of
the internet in the early days.  Downloads were frequently erratic and unpredictable.

I'm amazed that I can't find an alternate link for this app at huge software sites like Majorgeeks,
CNET, etc.  For example, Majorgeeks has Kensington MouseWorks.  Why don't they have a link for
KeyboardWorks?

Here is a direct link for the file:

http://accoblobstorageus.blob.core.windows.net/software/58e775d9-672b-420b-8523-f4d3c52af9a2.zip

Platypus, you had no trouble downloading this small app (8.7MB).  As a group moderator, you probably

have my email address.  In case you don't, I'll provide my email address in a private message.  If possible,

could you send a copy of Kensington KeyboardWorks For Desktops_v1.2 as an attachment to my email

account?

If you can't upload this file to my email account that's ok.  I have to ask, because I may never find an

alternate link.

Thanks Platypus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users