Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghostery update resets preferences...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 66Batmobile

66Batmobile

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

Greets,

Just an FYI-For anyone using Ghostery, if yours updated to 6.3.0 recently, you may want to see if any preferences/blocking choices were put back to defaults-noticed it in mine today.  :ranting:

Edited by 66Batmobile, 05 July 2016 - 10:05 PM.

Whatever it was...I didn't do it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hmmm. I got tired of fiddling with it so I just kept adding more.

Now I have Ghostery, Privacy Badger, Disconnect, NoScript, ABP... a regular little army of icons up there on the address bar. :lmao:

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

I also used similar ad-ons until I noticed Chrome opens separate processes for each one, even if not active. This plus memory leak was causing a simple gmail tab in chrome to bloat to over 700MB. Now I just use Adblock while incognito for most things. I'm the kind of nerd that sets the background to black and use windows2K type UI for that tiny bit of extra resource, so I understand my abnormality.  :tophat:

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:00 AM

Just add more RAM... lots more RAM :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users