Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using an image as A4 background

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Absentiam

Absentiam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hello,

I wanted to use the following image :

http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wallpapers/photography/landscape/49946_landscape_photo_filter_grey_landscape.jpg

As a background for a word document, so each page is an A4 size.

How can I do that without ruining the image itself in a resizing process?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

I try to use Adobe InDesign or Illustrator or even Photoshop to do that because it's much simpler, But you should be able to:

Drag/Drop the image.

Find one of the corners

Hold CTRL+Shift. then Resize.   (Holding CTRL+Shift resizes the Image evenly just makes it bigger or smaller without pixelating the image.)

Then move to where you'd like it.

If you'd like to add text just right click the image and go to. Order>Send to back.

then add a text box over it and place it.

Edited by Viper_Security, 05 July 2016 - 02:22 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

You could also use the Watermark function in Word. This will likely "wash out" the image some (you have some control over this) as the purpose of a watermark is to not dominate the page. By default, the Watermark function will size the image to the full page within the constraints of the aspect ratio of the image (i.e. it will not fill the entire printable page if the image aspect ratio does not match the aspect ratio of the printable area).

As to ruining the image itself in the resizing process, keep in mind that the quality of the image when resized to the full page will depend on the quality of the original picture file. If it is low res, then it will look like crap at a full page size. The image you linked to is a 1920x1200 image, so it should not have any issues with resizing to the full page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users