Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite C55 Windows 10 Extremely Slow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BamaSteph

BamaSteph

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hi, please forgive me if I am not posting this in the correct forum!  My son brought me his laptop and said it was very slow.  I ran antivirus and malwarebytes but found nothing so reinstalled windows 10 (Computer was bought new in December, 8gb memory if that makes any difference).  It was still VERY slow so I reinstalled it again this time using the "wipe everything" option that took about 12 hours.

Now it is seriously like it is dipped in molasses slow.  I did as suggested in a recent thread and disabled all but Microsoft services, no difference.  It is to the point it takes 10 minutes to show up what you are typing.  

Can anyone please guide me as to what I can do next?  I've googled until my fingers are sore I promise!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

Check Device Manager for entries with ? or ! to the left of them.  It sounds like you're missing some needed drivers.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 BamaSteph

BamaSteph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Check Device Manager for entries with ? or ! to the left of them.  It sounds like you're missing some needed drivers.

Wonderful, thank you!  Will do that now.  Hopefully I have the patience to not throw it out the window, it's THAT slow.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

12 hours to install Windows OS or install everything including restoring your personal files and installing your programs i'm asking because clean installing Windows OS should not take much more then one hour even on very slow computer.
Follow my instructions at my tutorial to boost speed of the Windows OS tutorial link is below.

Tweaking & Optimizing Windows
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617106/tweaking-optimizing-windows/

Posted Image

#5 BamaSteph

BamaSteph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

12 hours to install Windows OS or install everything including restoring your personal files and installing your programs i'm asking because clean installing Windows OS should not take much more then one hour even on very slow computer.
Follow my instructions at my tutorial to boost speed of the Windows OS tutorial link is below.

Tweaking & Optimizing Windows
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617106/tweaking-optimizing-windows/

Twelve hours to install Windows, that's it.  Crazy huh?  I tried updating the drivers but it kept going to sleep (it's that slow).  Will try again tomorrow when I can babysit it.  Going to follow your link as well.  Thank y'all so very much for the help, I really would love to fix it for him!

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

Well we know know you have hardware issue as Windows took 12 hours to install. Do you know how to boot the laptop into BIOS setup utility when you power on the laptop you need to press keys or function key to boot computer into BIOS setup utility please follow the instructions at below website link to reset BIOS settings to default factory settings. The hard disk drive where Windows install could be failing please follow the instructions at below website link to run a HDD Diagnostic Tool to view SMART health report of your  laptop hard disk drive and repair any surface errors like bad sectors by doing Extended Test (Long Test) with HDD diagnostic tool.

How to Reset Your BIOS

Hard Drive Diagnostics

Posted Image

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

The system is likely still under warranty.  Find out (from the place that you purchased it from) what to do for warranty repairs.

Most often the warranty repair place will do diagnostics and if it finds hardware problems it will fix them.

A clear, concise explanation of how to reproduce the problems is most helpful.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users