Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acrord32.exe Error.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:40 AM

Hello :thumbsup:

When i try to shutown or logoff my computer, i get an "Application Failed To Initialize" Error because of the
AcroRd32.exe process running automatically. I do not actually run the process manually, it start auto and causes error. There is no event in the Dr Watson but there is one in Event Viewer under applications. It states this:

Faulting application acrord32.exe, version 7.0.8.218, faulting module acrord32.dll, version 7.0.8.218, fault address 0x0001c344.

There is also one underneath (but i dont know if it has anything to do with it, but maybe it does??)

Fault bucket 296111841.

And there is this one aswell:

The application, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\29063\AcroRd32.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 08/12/2006 @ 14:54:59.489 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0301C344 (AcroRd32!WinMain)

Does anyone know what it is and a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Update Acrobat or Adobe Viewer to its new version.

If that doesn't work, uninstall all Adobe aps in add/remove programs and reinstall it/them.

#3 Chicken Man

Chicken Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

Update Acrobat or Adobe Viewer to its new version.

If that doesn't work, uninstall all Adobe aps in add/remove programs and reinstall it/them.

What is the new version?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

I meant the newest version of whatever Adobe or Adobe reader ap you have.

Uninstalling it, rebooting and then reinstalling it should cure the problem as it will replace the offending file.

If it is Adobe Reader that you have (reads PDF files but won't create them), the latest version is Adobe Reader 7.0.8

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Edited by Enthusiast, 12 August 2006 - 10:54 PM.

#5 Chicken Man

Chicken Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

I have the latest version already...

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

Well, uninstall it, reboot and reinstall it and the problem should disappear as that should eliminate the application error.

#7 Chicken Man

Chicken Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

Nope that didnt work either.

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

Acrobat product interoperability: Install and remove Acrobat 7.0.x (Windows)
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326272.html

Did you remove all versions of Adobe from add/remove programs? There is probably more than one version listed there.

#9 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

All versions of reader add themselves to the startup list as well as enable auto update by default. There is absolutely no reason for it. Disable it via msconfig and through Adobe reader itself. Acroread will autolaunch when called upon and shutdown after a given period of inactivity. If it's in the startup list, it never shuts down.
Deselect "Show Messages and Automatically Update" at Edit>Preferences>Startup.
Select "Do not Automatically check for updates" at Edit>Preferences>Updates.
In msconfig, deselect entries to 'Acro" and\or Adobe Acrobat reader.
Restart your system.

Edited by HitSquad, 13 August 2006 - 08:11 AM.

#10 Chicken Man

Chicken Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

There is no Adobe entries in startup. All there is is the speed launch.

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:54 AM

That speed launch file is the Adobe file in question. It will launch Adobe Reader at start-up. How ridiculous.

Did you follow the rest of HitSquad's directions? I'm sure if you do, your problem will be solved. :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#12 Chicken Man

Chicken Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:01 AM

Yes i have followed those directions, and also turned off the "Display in Browser" Setting.

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:39 PM

You might want to try an alternate reader. I use the FoxIt PDF Reader as my default PDF reader. It doesn't require any installation, it's free, and it's easy to set as the default. http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,912 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

It also loads a lot faster, and it seems that the documents themselves load faster - I'm not sure why. I use it as my default now too.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#15 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

There is no Adobe entries in startup. All there is is the speed launch.

Speed launch, I believe is in one of your startup folders in the start menu. Look for a speed lauch or adobe shortcut in either of these folders and delete it.

c:\documents and settings\USERNAME\start menu\programs\startup
c:\documents and settings\All Users\start menu\programs\startup

USERNAME, would be whatever name you use to log in or your profile name and assuming you're on XP or 2000-2003. Being in that folder is a little known way programs can startup. Don't know if getting rid of that will solve your particular problem, but I would get rid of all of Adobe that you can find, including the folders in program files before trying to reinstall another reader. You should also have some folders in Application Data in c:\documents and settings\USERNAME and c:\documents and settings\All Users that you can delete as well.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users