Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite VS HP pavillion G4

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zakster

Zakster

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

I have 2 laptops, and trying to decide what one to keep. Can you all help me please?

HP G4-2029wm

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g4-Notebook-PC-series/5226238/model/5273851/drivers

Toshiba Satellite L775-S7248

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3098317

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zakster

Zakster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:20 AM

Bump

#3 Zakster

Zakster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Still Bump

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

I think hp pavillion g4 is good reason is hp company is good than toshiba and durable too.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 Zakster

Zakster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

Ok, so, performance in question, will the i3 out perform that A6? The reviews are really mixed, and with cpuboss, both CPU's have different qualities, one better then the other in different fields. Benchmarks are mixed as well. So having trouble deciding what one performs better then the other.

#6 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

The i3 will beat out the A6 but the A6 has an APU which makes it a stronger option for gaming.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

Ok, so, performance in question, will the i3 out perform that A6? The reviews are really mixed, and with cpuboss, both CPU's have different qualities, one better then the other in different fields. Benchmarks are mixed as well. So having trouble deciding what one performs better then the other.

You can checkout the performance in http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/332/AMD_A6-Series_for_Notebooks_A6-7310_vs_Intel_Core_i3_Mobile_i3-4005U.html and as captain chicken told for gaming a6 is good and for long life use i3 is good.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,876 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

That's a tough one, the HP has a smaller screen and no APU, as Captain_Chicken pointed out.

"14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)"

The Toshiba has a big screen

"17.3” diagonal widescreen TruBrite® TFT display at 1600 x 900 native resolution (HD+) "

As much as I like Intel and HP, would/might have to go with the larger screen, but that's just me.  If this was my only computer the larger screen would be it for me.

Good luck!

Edited by pcpunk, 21 July 2016 - 09:21 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,876 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Thought I would add - thinking about this later - if you are a student, or have to carry the larger Laptop that might also be a factor.  I know some people that complain about carrying their 17" laptops, because they are heavier and bulkier.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users