Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop to view movies in HD 8K

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adriawa

adriawa

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

I know it is not easy to upgrade laptop parts

I believe in a few years more online content they broadcast-quality HD 8K.

So my question is what kind of Laptop should I buy appropriate  to view movies in HD 8K via external computer screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

"So my question is what kind of Laptop should I buy appropriate  to view movies in HD 8K via external computer screen."

I strongly suspect that the answer to this question is "One that's not available yet".

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

That^ 

There aren't any video decoder standards for playing 8k video yet. Meaning whatever you get now would have to have a strong enough CPU to run everything in software mode. Intel only recently added 4k support this last year to its integrated GPUs. 

On top of that. There is only one video out connector standard currently made that supports 8k, and it's rarely implemented.

I'd imagine the only laptops that'd have both requirements would be upwards of 2k USD or more.  Where as if you'd wait till it actually is a standard. You could do then what you can do now with 4k, and buy a 250$ netbook that has a Intel CPU with a built in decoder for it. Also having a updated standard of HDMI that would support 8k.

8K isn't coming for a long while. 4k is barely a standard. I'd give it at least 5 years before it'd happen. 8k recordings are a thing, but it's done on the professional end and then down-scaled to 4k or 1080p for better video quality. 

Edited by SEANIA, 07 July 2016 - 05:11 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users