Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird happening in IE11

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Exfso

Exfso

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

Today all of a sudden I found my home page would not open, I got this weird message. So I changed to another site for the home page and it opened ok. Hmm, I have 3 other computers all running Windows 7 IE11 and the same home page, they all work fine. So I just tried to access the site normally from IE and still got the same message. OK next I tried the site using Firefox and Chrome, the page opened normally. This one has me stumped, I tried clearing cache, resetting IE to default setting and even did a system restore, all to no avail. Any help on this would be much appreciated, as I use this page dozens of times a day, it is the Aust Bureau of Meteorology home page, so it most definitely is not a suspect site. Attached is an image of what comes up when I try to open the site. Any help much appreciated.
Attached File  4-07-2016 8-29-22 PM.png   128.95KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

I tried flushing the DNS, that worked for a couple of hours, and the issue has re appeared, flushing
dns not working this time. Back to square one....

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

If you want you can change DNS servers to Google public DNS servers .

Make sure your computer free of malware infection you follow instructions at  Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me? thread to  ask for assistant.

Starting Internet Explorer in 'SafeMode

1. Open a 'Command Prompt' window.
  2. Type in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
  3. Press ENTER.

If issue resolves while Internet Explorer open in safe mode then one of the add-ons causing the issue.

Posted Image

#4 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:12 PM

All appears to be working normally this morning, I will monitor and see what happens. Thanks for your response

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

You are welcome, i will still advice you to have malware infection checkup.

Posted Image

#6 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

I have malwarebytes running all the time, and it has not come up with any problems. Strange that it is only this one site that is acting up and only using IE and only on one computer!

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

Don't think your are not infected because you are using any antivirus software not all antivirus software can detect all malware infections but its your choice to ask for malware infection checkup i just found it strange how your issue resolved by it self.

Posted Image

#8 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

I have just done a full scan with Malwarebytes premium and no infections detected, I also run Eset Internet security as well, and that is showing no issues.
Malwarebytes is supposed to be the best at detecting and fixing malware infections, that is why I am paying a fee for the premium version.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

Well like i said never think there is a single antivirus program that can protect you from all malware infections you are referring to MalwareBytes as it will protect you from all malware infections if this was true then we will all be using the Malwarebytes any how its your choice like i said i just advice you to get malware removal export to have a look and tell you if your computer is not infected its up to  you if you will or not.

Posted Image

#10 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

Surely if it were malware, it would be showing up with other sites on the IE browser, very strange that this is the only site that has the issue and only with IE, not with Chrome or Firefox.  I know that there is no single program that can protect from all malware, but it just seems a trifle odd that nothing at all is showing with any of the programs I am using and as I said only with this meteorology site and only on one computer and only with IE not Chrome or Firefox.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

You see that is the issue why IE not other web browsers had this issue i have been repairing PC and Windows OS almost 18 years and i never witness Windows and its components repairing them self we all know IE uses same TCP/IP protocol as any web browser if this issue happened with single website then issue cause by the website or as i said installed add-on let me put it like this Windows and its software does not repair them self so don't think if issue was IE it will have never by it self repaired Windows does not have a future to do that. 

Posted Image

#12 Exfso

Exfso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

Looks like I am just going to have to use another browser if I want to visit this website then.  I have been messing with computers for 20 years, and never struck this one either..Strange to say the least.  Thanks for input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users