Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows falsely reports Internet access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RodSerling

RodSerling

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

I uninstalled a problematic version of Opera browser from my computer after having updated the firmware of my ssd. I restarted my system and all of a sudden the network responds oddly in the system tray, at times reporting 'unidentified network', 'no Internet access', 'internet access', and connection to my wireless AP with the named SSID. Whatever the status in the hover dialog for the wireless connection, I am not able to load any web pages, attempts to update programs are stalled or the programs report inability to access their respective server. Ping attempts are fruitless, I've tried pinging google.com with no luck. I've been doing scans for malware and have only shown up PUPs or minor issues. I've had them resolved to the best of my knowledge. I've tried uninstalling the wi-fi adapter and reinstalling it from the device manager, changing versions of drivers for the adapter as well as restarting my router. I doubt the router is an issue, my laptop is the only device out of roughly 9 that is having an issue with connectivity. System restore failed, several command line attempts with netsh have failed as well. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:25 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Networking forums for more expert assistance:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

Take a look at the "Power Saving Mode" settings in the Advanced Power Options section of the Power Options applet.  You want them set for "Maximum Power".

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users