Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cisco Linksys E1000 Refuses to Port Forward

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NoxKira

NoxKira

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

I am trying to port forward port 80 for a web server using apache, but whenever I run the server, I can't see it on any other computer or device. The website is up when I go to 127.0.0.1 on the machine hosting the server however. Open port checking tools are also saying that port 80 is down. I've port forwarded 25565 and ran a Minecraft server, and port 25565 is down as well. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

Who is your ISP? Do they block port 80? Also, what modem/gateway do you have from your ISP?

#3 NoxKira

NoxKira
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:11 AM

Who is your ISP? Do they block port 80? Also, what modem/gateway do you have from your ISP?

I've talked to my ISP, they said they don't deny or block any ports.

Edited by NoxKira, 04 July 2016 - 04:13 AM.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:14 AM

And the other question? What gateway or modem do you have?

One thing you can try is enabling remote management on your router, as seen in this emulator, and try to access your public IP on port 8080 outside your network. That will atleast tell you are getting to your router. 

Edited by Trikein, 04 July 2016 - 05:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users